Mercury Venus Transit Maestro controls up to four USB or Firewire connected cameras (Nikon and Canon DSLRs, plus Nikon Coolpix line) and up to four USB or Ethernet connected SBIG CCD cameras with their filter wheels during a Mercury or Venus solar transit, so that you can be free to concentrate on observing the event visually. You must preprogram all exposure information according to a script. Observer position (latitude and longitude coordinates, elevation and timezone) is used to calculate local circumstances, so that camera actions can be referenced to specific transit events. All features are optional, so the software can be used for as little or as much as desired. It is currently localized in English and French. More…
Mercury Venus Transit Maestro is a freeware. Commercial distribution is strictly forbidden. Please contact me first before any commercial use. For the time being this software will remain free, but you should make a donation to support my work and show your appreciation.
Copyright 2010-2017 Xavier Jubier, http://xjubier.free.fr/
Application Installation and Upgrade
Download the dmg disk image file :
Mercury Venus Transit Maestro 1.1.0v1
If you’re experiencing difficulties while installing Mercury Venus Transit Maestro and are running MacOS X 10.8.x (Mountain Lion), 10.9.x (Mavericks), 10.10.x (Yosemite), 10.11.x (El Capitan) or 10.12.x (Sierra), then please take the time to understand Gatekeeper.
- Once your download is complete, double-click the .dmg file to mount it, then start the installer and follow the installation instructions. The application will be installed in your Applications folder and a folder named Scripts Mercury Venus Transit Maestro containing sample scripts will be copied to your regular Documents folder at the root of your user account. An administrator password will be required to proceed with the installation process.
When upgrading all of your preference settings and script folder will be preserved.
- Read the included help thoroughly before attempting use: go directly to the Help menu the first time you launch Mercury Venus Transit Maestro.
- Disclaimer: use this program at your own risk. No guarantees are made, if it doesn’t work and you come away without any photos, sorry! Extensive rehearsal and testing is recommended to ensure success.
- Last you are kindly requested to make a donation and show your appreciation.
Technical support: available through a bulletin board system (BBS)
This software runs solely under MacOS X 10.4.x (a.k.a. Tiger), 10.5.x (Leopard), 10.6.x (Snow Leopard), 10.7.x (Lion), 10.8.x (Mountain Lion), 10.9.x (Mavericks), 10.10.x (Yosemite), 10.11.x (El Capitan) & 10.12.x (Sierra) and is a Universal Binary, meaning it runs on both Mac Intel and PPC. A screen with a minimum 1024x768 resolution is recommended, although it will work with smaller screens.
- Next release planned for May 2017
- 2016 May 4 : version 1.1.0
- 2012 May 15 : version 1.0.2
- 2012 May 8 : version 1.0.1
- 2012 May 1st : first final release, version 1.0.0
- March 2012 : first final release
- July 2011 : start of beta testing.
- 2004 May 14 : first internal alpha release for VT 2004.
This unique application has similar features as Solar Eclipse Maestro and Lunar Eclipse Maestro.