Mercury Venus Transit Maestro 1.0.0 for MacOS X released

News and announcements for Mercury Venus Transit Maestro.

Mercury Venus Transit Maestro 1.0.0 for MacOS X released

Postby xjubier » Wed May 02, 2012 2:33 am

I am pleased to announce the release of the first automated DSLRs Mercury and Venus transit photography application.

Mercury Venus Transit Maestro, part of a trilogy with Solar Eclipse Maestro and Lunar Eclipse Maestro, can control up to four Nikon or Canon DSLRs over USB or Firewire and up to four SBIG CCD cameras with their filter wheels over USB or Ethernet. The application runs under MacOS X 10.4+ (Tiger, Leopard, Snow Leopard and Lion) and is a Universal Binary, meaning it runs on both PowerPC and MacIntel.

Full control of shutter speed, aperture and ISO is possible. Images can be scheduled by time of day, or tied to astronomical events like transit contact times. The script-based automation is using an identical script file format as Solar Eclipse Maestro or Lunar Eclipse Maestro.
You will be able to enjoy the transit even more without worrying about operating your digital cameras. Browse the ReadMe file to know more.
Please report soonest any problem you may encounter.

Mercury Venus Transit Maestro 1.0.0 is now available for download.

Included in this release:
- All the features found in Solar Eclipse Maestro having a meaning for a Mercury or Venus transit.
- Support for the latest Nikon DSLRs such as the D4, D800/D800E and D3200.
- Support for all the SBIG CCD cameras with their filter wheels.
- Localized in English and French.
- Easy installer application.

Please direct comments, questions, or problems to me on the support board:
To post you will need to register first, but you'll also benefit from the experience of others to find answers to your questions or problems. Please try to post in English in order to have a larger audience. I will generally answer in English to messages in French, Italian, German or Spanish, unless you clearly specify otherwise.
xjubier
Site Admin

Return to Mercury Venus Transit Maestro News