Live View Exposures folder?

Support for the Solar Eclipse Maestro photography software.

Live View Exposures folder?

Postby NEatonJr » Wed Mar 27, 2024 3:16 am

Based on the help text below, I understood that if I opened Live View to check alignment of my mount while the the pre-totality image sequence is running and an image should have fired while live view was active, an image would still be saved from the live view in the folder Users | MyName | Documents | Solar Eclipse Maestro | Live View Exposures. However, after my test run today during which I used live view a few times, when I checked for the live view images I didn't find anything; there is no Live View Exposures folder.

What I also noticed is that there isn't even a Solar Eclipse Maestro folder in Documents. The only thing there is the folder Scripts Solar Eclipse Maestro. Perhaps something was missed when installing the software?

I am running on a mid-2012 15" MacBook Pro running a clean install of Mojave.

Clear skies,
Nathan

When the live view dialog is displayed, all scheduled scripted exposures are dropped during that time period. However, a live view image is saved for each of the dropped exposures; the files will be stored in a folder named Live View Exposures located inside the Solar Eclipse Maestro folder in the current user’s Documents folder. A red indicator, located on the right of the scale factor, will indicate that one or more exposures were dropped. A general preferences setting allows to systematically force the live view termination when an upcoming exposure is about to be missed. Scheduled exposures will resume when the live view dialog is closed.
NEatonJr

Return to Solar Eclipse Maestro