Anyone having PPS working with a Garmin 18x LVC? Also fra…

Support for the Solar Eclipse Maestro photography software.

Anyone having PPS working with a Garmin 18x LVC? Also fra…

Postby mdredmond » Wed Mar 20, 2024 3:04 am

Running a Mac (no VM) with a Garmin 18x LVC. I see good PPS on DCD line but software isn’t making use of it.

Also: frame rate seems quite low in burst even using a shoestring serial shutter cable. Any ideas? It’s much much slower (by 4x) than a manual burst at same shutter speed. Nikon D750.

I’ll donate if (a) I get support or (b) get good pictures. But if I get neither I’m not inclined to do anything.
mdredmond

Re: Anyone having PPS working with a Garmin 18x LVC? Also f

Postby MikeMaurer42 » Thu Mar 21, 2024 2:07 am

WoW!

With such a kind, respectful, request I'm surprised people aren't flying out to your location to personally tutor you.

Dear Karen,
Xavier is not well and will not be making an update, and will not be able to support you.
With all the work he has done for eclipse chasers, you are already in his debt - you just don't know or appreciate it.
If he wasn't ill, he would indeed be helping you, he is a better man than I.

The only help I would offer you is to upgrade to Sonoma. Other than that I wouldn't piss on you if you were on fire.
MikeMaurer42

Postby mdredmond » Fri Mar 22, 2024 11:55 pm

First of all, you’re clearly operating with information I don’t have, namely that Xavier is ill, which I didn’t and couldn’t have known. I hope whatever is wrong is minor or is dealt with well and wish him the best of good health.

Second, I wasn’t asking for personal support from him (though this is the support forum), I was asking “anyone” who might know the answers. Go look at the title of my post, you little *unt.

I have already donated to him for his eclipse map, which is very helpful in its own right. If everyone who benefits from his map gave just what I gave him, he could retire with hundreds of millions in the bank.

Stop being a little b**** and go back to your corner. I’m doing my part.
Last edited by mdredmond on Mon Mar 25, 2024 12:35 am, edited 2 times in total.
mdredmond

Postby mdredmond » Sat Mar 23, 2024 1:44 am

“ The only help I would offer you is to upgrade to Sonoma. ”

Thank you for what I know was designed as non-help. I’m running it on Sonoma on a Mojave VM with so many damn API hoops that I know you were just being an ass.

Aside from that I’m on a 2019 machine running Mojave natively.

Thanks for your non-help.

I hope your mangina dries up. Nothing worse than an itchy mangina.
mdredmond

Return to Solar Eclipse Maestro