Consistent failure on configuration wizard

Support for the Solar Eclipse Maestro photography software.

Consistent failure on configuration wizard

Postby mikecmp » Thu Feb 22, 2024 10:28 pm

Hello,
When using the configuration wizard to generate a test script I am able to repeatedly get Solar Maestro to lock up and go into a not responding state. I Only get a failure on the phenomena tab, when selecting "solar corona" if that is checked, the program locks up. I am sing Mojave, latest version, I can repro on a macbook pro 2104 model, and on a VM running the latest mojave as well. I am trying to generate for the 2024 april 8th total eclipse as I will be in the path of totality.

If I do not select corona, I can generate a file with no issue, the "save as" file dialog immediate shows up and the script generates.

I am going to just use the deluxe script and modify it but was curious if there was more info i could provide to assist with getting this fixed.

Thanks in advance,
Mike
mikecmp

Re: Consistent failure on configuration wizard

Postby mikecmp » Sat Feb 24, 2024 3:14 am

I Think I figured it out. I had just changed the coordinates to be close to my home. But its was literally exactly on the edge of totality. I wonder if there is some error or bug in the calculations there. But when i properly set my location with my GPS i was able to calculate the script as I would expect.

Mike
mikecmp

Return to Solar Eclipse Maestro