Thanks for SEM

Support for the Solar Eclipse Maestro photography software.

Thanks for SEM

Postby szigler511 » Sat Jul 13, 2019 2:58 am

Xavier,

SEM worked great in Chile. I used it with two D850s in silent photography mode and I'm really happy with the results. The only problem was operator error. I wanted to obtain a rapid series of images just before C2 and after C3 to create a Baily's Beads mosaic, similar to the one at the bottom of the SEM website. My strategy was to use the TAKEBST command to capture 70 frames just before C2 and after C3. Unfortunately, I left a 4 sec gap in the commands to allow for the camera buffer to write to the XQD card. I didn't realize that, in 4 seconds, Baily's Beads changes dramatically! Consequently, I missed my mosaic, but I now know how to use the simulations better and will get my mosaic in 2020 (hopefully).

Thanks for the support and the software!
Steve

PS, I've posted a couple images on my FB page if anyone wants to check them out.
szigler511

Re: Thanks for SEM

Postby CrushingTides » Thu Nov 21, 2019 8:02 am

Want to join you and say thanks since SEM worked like a charm and did a great job at helping me make some great photos at different events like these https://fantasyapp.com/en/blog/swingers-club-nyc/ while I was in New York on a business trip. Can recommend it to everybody else, great stuff.
CrushingTides

Re: Thanks for SEM

Postby xjubier » Thu Nov 21, 2019 12:38 pm

CrushingTides wrote:Want to join you and say thanks since SEM worked like a charm and did a great job at helping me make some great photos at different events like these https://fantasyapp.com/en/blog/swingers-club-nyc/ while I was in New York on a business trip. Can recommend it to everybody else, great stuff.

Then as I will be in NYC in the coming days you'll have the opportunity to really show me your appreciation... :lol:
xjubier
Site Admin

Return to Solar Eclipse Maestro