Loading scripts for 3 cameras [Case Solved]

Support for the Solar Eclipse Maestro photography software.

Loading scripts for 3 cameras [Case Solved]

Postby Philip » Sun Jun 30, 2019 5:12 pm

Hi! I feel very stupid but getting increasingly desperate.
I have created 3 scripts for 3 cameras (6D 60Da & 400D) controlled them and tested each with a simulation run several times.

The problem for me is that this is the first time I have used SEM for multiple cameras.

I cannot figure out how to load multiple scripts. I load a script and when I load a second it simply replaces the first and so on.

What do I have to do to load multiple scripts? Do they have to be integrated into a single script and if so is there an easy way to do this rather than manually line by line!?
Can anyone help at the 11th hour?

Many thanks
Philip
Philip

Re: Loading scripts for 3 cameras

Postby szigler511 » Sat Jul 06, 2019 3:52 pm

I realize it is a little late at this point, but you need to combine your three scripts into a single script. SEM will handle it fine. I have controlled three cameras simultaneously with one script. Hope you already figured that out!

:)
szigler511

Re: Loading scripts for 3 cameras [Case Solved]

Postby xjubier » Mon Jul 08, 2019 2:45 am

Philip wrote:Hi! I feel very stupid but getting increasingly desperate.
I have created 3 scripts for 3 cameras (6D 60Da & 400D) controlled them and tested each with a simulation run several times.

The problem for me is that this is the first time I have used SEM for multiple cameras.

I cannot figure out how to load multiple scripts. I load a script and when I load a second it simply replaces the first and so on.

What do I have to do to load multiple scripts? Do they have to be integrated into a single script and if so is there an easy way to do this rather than manually line by line!?
Can anyone help at the 11th hour?

Many thanks
Philip

As Steve replied you have to put everything in one single file, it's one of the reasons why you need to provide a unique name for each camera. I surely hope you figured it out before the eclipse!
Rehearsing well in advance is mandatory and less than a week before an eclipse most of us are already traveling with often limited time and little or no Internet connection.
xjubier
Site Admin

Return to Solar Eclipse Maestro