Trouble with my SONY a7rIII

Support for the Solar Eclipse Maestro photography software.

Trouble with my SONY a7rIII

Postby Foctrot35 » Fri Jun 28, 2019 7:04 am

Hello community, I'm writing from Chile and preparing for the eclipse next Tuesday.
I have been testing my SONY a7rIII, but the sequence of photos is very slow. Will there be something that is missing to complete in the setting? ... Thanks in advance,
Foctrot35

Re: Trouble with my SONY a7rIII

Postby xjubier » Mon Jul 08, 2019 2:57 am

Foctrot35 wrote:Hello community, I'm writing from Chile and preparing for the eclipse next Tuesday.
I have been testing my SONY a7rIII, but the sequence of photos is very slow. Will there be something that is missing to complete in the setting? ... Thanks in advance,

Sony cameras when tethered are extremely slow: this is the result of an astonishingly bad implementation by Sony! First changing exposure settings take forever as you have to iterate through each intermediate values, second each change is even slower than a complete change with other manufacturers, and third Sony doesn't offer any option to only save to the camera's memory card, again something that all other camera manufacturers do!
Unfortunately bad play by Sony. For studio work their implementation may work, but outside in the field or in our case during a total solar eclipse you can hardly get any reliable results.

There isn't much I can do to help, Sony is the only party to blame.
xjubier
Site Admin

Return to Solar Eclipse Maestro