SEM generates an empty script after Configuration Wizard

Support for the Solar Eclipse Maestro photography software.

SEM generates an empty script after Configuration Wizard

Postby abarbovschi » Thu May 02, 2019 8:55 pm

SEM: 1.8.6v2
Camera: 1000D
SEM detects the camera, fires the shutter with no problem. Photos application has been blocked, SD card is empty.
I introduced the coordinates in Chile (centerline), chose this year TSE and tried Configuration Wizard. But the resulting script is empty.
What might be the reason? Am I missing something?
abarbovschi

Re: SEM generates an empty script after Configuration Wizard

Postby xjubier » Fri May 03, 2019 2:56 pm

abarbovschi wrote:OS: El Capitan 10.11.6
SEM: 1.8.6v2
Camera: 1000D
SEM detects the camera, fires the shutter with no problem. Photos application has been blocked, SD card is empty.
I introduced the coordinates in Chile (centerline), chose this year TSE and tried Configuration Wizard. But the resulting script is empty.
What might be the reason? Am I missing something?

Alexandru, please read Configuration Wizard. It should work as long as your location is inside the selected eclipse path.
The camera doesn't need to be connected.
The wizard is just a basic example to get you started, nothing more, reworking the script by hand with TextEdit is usually the way to go.
xjubier
Site Admin

Postby abarbovschi » Fri May 03, 2019 3:44 pm

I read the instruction beforehand and did as explained there. One note - I didn't try to choose my position in the wizard itself, I have set it beforehand:
https://imgur.com/O5DyX1Q (couldn't use BB code, the forum complained: "It was not possible to determine the dimensions of the image.")
But still getting empty script. I understand that it will require editing, but still I wanted the Wizard to give me the starting point according to my needs.
abarbovschi

Postby xjubier » Fri May 03, 2019 4:55 pm

abarbovschi wrote:I read the instruction beforehand and did as explained there. One note - I didn't try to choose my position in the wizard itself, I have set it beforehand:

That's fine, and I'm sure the chosen location appears in the wizard.
abarbovschi wrote:But still getting empty script.

Strange as I just tried and got a file. Which options have selected for the phenomena?
xjubier
Site Admin

Postby abarbovschi » Fri May 03, 2019 5:13 pm

Ok, it seems I got the answer. The El Capitan which I got is in Russian. I switched the system to English. But also I changed the digit separator (from , to .). Rebooted the system and... whoala! Not sure which one of these 2 changes did the trick, but the fact remains - regional settings affects SEM's script generation wizard.
abarbovschi

Postby xjubier » Fri May 03, 2019 6:28 pm

abarbovschi wrote:regional settings affects SEM's script generation wizard.

It shouldn't and when I tried in French with the comma as the decimal separator everything was fine. Whenever you get the time please try again in Russian.
xjubier
Site Admin

Postby abarbovschi » Fri May 03, 2019 8:14 pm

Reverting back to Russian was enough to make SEM again generate empty script. Tried to play with other regional settings - no luck.
abarbovschi

Postby MrMgr » Sun Mar 26, 2023 10:29 pm

I know I'm refreshing old topic but, I can confirm, you have to have English macOS to generate script, otherwise file is empty. I had to change language from Polish to English to be circumvent the bug.
MrMgr

Postby mario_b » Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:35 pm

MrMgr wrote:I know I'm refreshing old topic but, I can confirm, you have to have English macOS to generate script, otherwise file is empty. I had to change language from Polish to English to be circumvent the bug.

Thank you!

I did the same a few minutes ago, and Configuration Wizard is working now!
mario_b

Return to Solar Eclipse Maestro