Potential SEM Crash with Battery Levels Window open

Support for the Solar Eclipse Maestro photography software.

Potential SEM Crash with Battery Levels Window open

Postby szigler511 » Tue Aug 15, 2017 9:05 pm

Hi Xavier,

I think I may have uncovered a minor bug in SEM 1.8.6v2. I stress may because I don't have time to collect enough data to make a solid case, but I have enough that I thought I should share it in case it is real and it can prevent problems.

Here is what happens:

While testing my script in SEM 1.8.6v2, I opened the "Battery Levels" window and left it open like I used to do in the previous SEM version. Twice now, while the window is open, camera control is completely lost. The script continues to execute, and the camera still indicates tethered operation, but no images are captured. There is no comment recorded in the SEM log, it just stops recording exposures in the log (other events are recorded, but no exposure data).

Upon closing SEM, the program hangs while updating the camera settings on exit and I must "force quit" to close the application. I'm running a Macbook Pro with up-to-date 10.11.6 iOS. Like I mentioned, I don't have time now to test for this further, but suffice it to say that on Monday, I'm going to leave the "Battery Levels" window closed. I just thought it might be a warning for others and that you might want to investigate it later...

Speaking of Monday, good luck to you and everyone on the forum wherever you happen to be. Look for me in western Nebraska! Thanks for an amazing piece of software that will allow me to enjoy the event with my eyes and capture more images than I'll know what to do with! 8-)

Best,
Steve
szigler511

Return to Solar Eclipse Maestro