Does a script execute only sequentially? [Case Solved]

Support for the Solar Eclipse Maestro photography software.

Does a script execute only sequentially? [Case Solved]

Postby mr.stratosphere » Fri Aug 11, 2017 10:29 pm

Hello!

I am pleased to be moving along and getting to know SEM and its many features. I have the software running on a MacBook and now talking to four Canon DSLRs.

My question concerns the line by line text editing of my camera control script. It would be easier for me to write and manage the individual exposure commands by grouping them for each specific camera like this:

Camera #1
C1
C2
C3
C4

Camera #2
C1
C2
C3
C4

Camera #3
C1
C2
C3
C4

Camera #4
C1
C2
C3
C4

So does SEM execute the entire text script ONLY line by line, each command line in time and in order one after the other?

i.e. is each event command executed in a continually progressing timeline linearly through the script and if you want any particular camera to fire at that moment then the text command HAS to be put there?

As an example, would a C2,-,00:02.0 text command line inadvertently placed at the very end of the file, after the text of the final C4,+,00:01.0 command be executed or ignored?

Or is there flexibility to group commands by individual camera?

I hope my question is coherent and makes sense.

Thanks and kind regards,

Jim in Oregon USA
mr.stratosphere

Re: Does a script execute only sequentially?

Postby xjubier » Sat Aug 12, 2017 1:49 am

Try, you'll see that SEM doesn't care how you order the actions inside your script. SEM will parse it and then execute it chronologically, so you're free to do whatever you want.
xjubier
Site Admin

Return to Solar Eclipse Maestro