Nikon D4/D750 Stuck at F/7.1 [Case Solved]

Support for the Solar Eclipse Maestro photography software.

Nikon D4/D750 Stuck at F/7.1 [Case Solved]

Postby gatkins11 » Thu Aug 03, 2017 8:24 pm

Hello,

Sorry if this is an issue that's been addressed before, but I cannot seem to find a solution.

My D4 and D750's apertures became "stuck" at F/7.1 after using the software. When the bodies were attached to my telescope before I connected them to my laptop and ran the program, the aperture would read F/0. However, now both cameras list F/7.1 on the body without having any lenses attached to them. When I attach my other lenses I can seemingly maneuver through the stops just fine, but I was just wondering what was causing the issue and how to fix it.

Thanks for your time.
gatkins11

Re: Nikon D4/D750 Stuck at F/7.1

Postby xjubier » Mon Aug 07, 2017 3:23 am

gatkins11 wrote:My D4 and D750's apertures became "stuck" at F/7.1 after using the software. When the bodies were attached to my telescope before I connected them to my laptop and ran the program, the aperture would read F/0. However, now both cameras list F/7.1 on the body without having any lenses attached to them. When I attach my other lenses I can seemingly maneuver through the stops just fine, but I was just wondering what was causing the issue and how to fix it.

Never heard of this or seen this and I also use Nikon bodies with telescopes. My guess is that the answer is in the menus of the camera where you can provide the aperture for non CPU lenses, hence telescopes.
xjubier
Site Admin

Postby gatkins11 » Sun Aug 13, 2017 11:04 pm

xjubier wrote:
gatkins11 wrote:My D4 and D750's apertures became "stuck" at F/7.1 after using the software. When the bodies were attached to my telescope before I connected them to my laptop and ran the program, the aperture would read F/0. However, now both cameras list F/7.1 on the body without having any lenses attached to them. When I attach my other lenses I can seemingly maneuver through the stops just fine, but I was just wondering what was causing the issue and how to fix it.

Never heard of this or seen this and I also use Nikon bodies with telescopes. My guess is that the answer is in the menus of the camera where you can provide the aperture for non CPU lenses, hence telescopes.

This worked! Thanks!
gatkins11

Postby xjubier » Mon Aug 14, 2017 12:01 am

gatkins11 wrote:This worked! Thanks!

Great. So what did you do, delete the non CPU lens setting?
xjubier
Site Admin

Return to Solar Eclipse Maestro