Fliters off.... when?

Support for the Solar Eclipse Maestro photography software.

Fliters off.... when?

Postby DurtGurl » Thu Aug 03, 2017 4:32 am

I am deep into it now. I've figured out the scripts and have had success running anything I create on my Canon 6D. Yeah!!! Now I am trying to zero in on what I can fit into the 1:40.5s of totality that I will be experiencing from my rented home in Ketchum ID. Thanks so much for this program! I am counting on it to run two cameras so that I can enjoy the eclipse in the presence of friends and family on my wedding day. Yes, I will be getting married just after the eclipse!

So.... on to my question.... I notice that for Basic script, filters come off at C2 -0:30 sec. When I run the wizard, filters come off at C2 -0:20. For both, diamond rings and Bailey Beads are shot with filters off. But for Deluxe, they are shot before and after filters off. What do you recommend????

-Kathleen
DurtGurl

Re: Fliters off.... when?

Postby lmarchesi » Thu Aug 03, 2017 2:19 pm

I don't know the answer to your question .. just wanted to say 'Congratulations'!
lmarchesi

Postby DurtGurl » Mon Aug 07, 2017 3:02 am

Thanks! I think I have it all dialed in now. Finally! I will be running two cameras with SEM.
DurtGurl

Postby xjubier » Mon Aug 07, 2017 3:18 am

DurtGurl wrote:Thanks! I think I have it all dialed in now. Finally! I will be running two cameras with SEM.

Congratulations! For your wedding of course :-D Am I invited? ;-)

Those scripts are just samples, just like what the script wizard does generate. Usually you remove the solar filters at about 15 to 20 seconds before 2nd contact and you put them back on at about 15 to 20 seconds after 3rd contact. Never go over 30 seconds to be safe and if you have any issue with the filters always have the cap ready or some linen to cover the front of the lens or telescope.
xjubier
Site Admin

Postby DurtGurl » Mon Aug 07, 2017 5:48 am

xjubier wrote:Congratulations! For your wedding of course :-D Am I invited? ;-)

If you happen to be in Idaho on Aug 21st, we would welcome you to the party! It is going to be a fabulous day, thanks in part to your Solar Eclipse Maestro :D
DurtGurl

Postby xjubier » Mon Aug 07, 2017 10:33 am

DurtGurl wrote:

If you happen to be in Idaho on Aug 21st, we would welcome you to the party! It is going to be a fabulous day, thanks in part to your Solar Eclipse Maestro :D

I will be in eastern Idaho, provided the sky is clear, yet a couple hours away with the likely high road traffic!
xjubier
Site Admin

Postby DurtGurl » Fri Aug 11, 2017 5:40 am

DurtGurl wrote:

If there are issues with your currently planned location, it would be an honor to have you join the special day with our small group. We have a beautiful home with loads of yard space for gear that we rented Friday-Wed to the north of Ketchum. As you are the site admin, I assume you can access my email! -Kathleen
DurtGurl

Postby xjubier » Fri Aug 11, 2017 1:49 pm

Thanks for the offer, I can indeed see your e-mail address.

BTW SEM 1.8.6v1, the final release for the eclipse, is available for download (take the Intel Y version)
xjubier
Site Admin

Postby twendel » Mon Aug 14, 2017 7:26 pm

Heading to Ketchum on Sunday. Good luck and congrats!
twendel

Return to Solar Eclipse Maestro