Nikon D800 Benchmark Failure [Case Solved]

Support for the Solar Eclipse Maestro photography software.

Re: Nikon D800 Benchmark Failure [Case Solved]

Postby sgrenald » Sun Aug 13, 2017 6:51 am

xjubier wrote:
sgrenald wrote:Although I would expect to get 1000+ shots out of the batteries in the D500's, and I have three other EN-EL15's for my D600. Two of them are kind of old, though.

The D500 battery should last for the whole eclipse provided your turn off Bluetooth/Wi-Fi, anything that is useless.

That's what I assumed. I've gotten well over 1000 shots on my D600. But I don't know how beat up the rental batteries will be. I'm going to do a test run or two on Saturday when I have all the gear. I'll see how badly I've bolluxed up my script, too. I guess I'll run a lot of TAKEPICs during Baily's/Diamond Ring , and then just a lot of RAMPSUD during totality at different shutter speeds.

Since my laptop may have difficulties in the heat, I'm not going to run SEM for very long. I'm going to run the in-camera intervalometers during the C1-C2 partial and C3-C4 partial. I'll have the USB cables hanging off of the cameras, and at about 5-10 min before totality, I'll plug them into my MBA and run the script, and then after the last Baily's after C3, I'll switch off SEM and go back to intervalometers for the rest of the show.
sgrenald

Re: Nikon D800 Benchmark Failure [Case Solved]

Postby xjubier » Sun Aug 13, 2017 12:28 pm

sgrenald wrote:Since my laptop may have difficulties in the heat, I'm not going to run SEM for very long. I'm going to run the in-camera intervalometers during the C1-C2 partial and C3-C4 partial. I'll have the USB cables hanging off of the cameras, and at about 5-10 min before totality, I'll plug them into my MBA and run the script, and then after the last Baily's after C3, I'll switch off SEM and go back to intervalometers for the rest of the show.

Just make a box with cardboard to protect it from the Sun.
xjubier
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Solar Eclipse Maestro