SEM sometimes skipping images in series [Case Solved]

Support for the Solar Eclipse Maestro photography software.

SEM sometimes skipping images in series [Case Solved]

Postby avdhoeven » Mon Jul 17, 2017 2:17 pm

First of all my compliments for this great software! Today I was testing my script for the solar eclipse in the US and found a little disturbing problem. I hope it can be solved easily... I'm running a 2013 macbook air with a Nikon D800. During the C1-C2 phase I have programmed to take images every 2.0%. Sometimes the camera just seems to skip an image. I see the counter passing the image moment and the camera doesn't fire. The next image it fires again, and then at random it sometimes seems to skip an image. Did anyone encounter this before maybe?

Thanks!
avdhoeven

Re: SEM sometimes skipping images in series

Postby xjubier » Tue Jul 18, 2017 3:27 am

avdhoeven wrote:I'm running a 2013 macbook air with a Nikon D800. During the C1-C2 phase I have programmed to take images every 2.0%. Sometimes the camera just seems to skip an image. I see the counter passing the image moment and the camera doesn't fire. The next image it fires again, and then at random it sometimes seems to skip an image. Did anyone encounter this before maybe?

Not to my knowledge unless some other event prevented the exposure to be taken. Please retry with the provided beta version.
xjubier
Site Admin

Re: SEM sometimes skipping images in series

Postby fielderda » Fri Aug 04, 2017 2:12 pm

Although I'm new with SEM, it might be the Read/Write speed of your camera card?
A faster read/write seems to allow the camera's buffer to keep up with the SEM sequence.

Hope this helps!
fielderda

Re: SEM sometimes skipping images in series [Case Solved]

Postby xjubier » Fri Aug 04, 2017 6:38 pm

To my knowledge André had already solved his minor issue.
One thing I do recommend is to operate the camera(s) with the camera controls locked, see the setting in the general preferences. With Nikon cameras it improves both the speed and reliability, and on Canon cameras the incidence is smaller and yet noticeable.
xjubier
Site Admin

Return to Solar Eclipse Maestro