Camera not being recognized

Support for the Solar Eclipse Maestro photography software.

Camera not being recognized

Postby allisonc » Mon Mar 16, 2015 9:11 pm

I am trying to use a Nikon D90 with Solar Eclipse Maestro (the most recent version), but the software will not recognize the camera. I have tried all of the tips in the troubleshooting section of the program's Help. I am supposed to be using this program for the upcoming eclipse. Any advice? Thanks.
allisonc

Re: Camera not being recognized

Postby xjubier » Tue Mar 17, 2015 1:08 am

allisonc wrote:I am trying to use a Nikon D90 with Solar Eclipse Maestro (the most recent version), but the software will not recognize the camera. I have tried all of the tips in the troubleshooting section of the program's Help. I am supposed to be using this program for the upcoming eclipse. Any advice? Thanks.

I know it works with the Nikon D90 as a few users have reported success at previous eclipses.

Have you deactivated any software such as Image capture, Nikon Transfer, etc and services such as DropBox and the like that launch when a camera is connected?
Also make sure you try it with an empty memory card, as otherwise it will take time until the camera is recognized because all the pictures on the card are read first.
Please send me your SEM's log file (see http://xjubier.free.fr/en/site_pages/solar_eclipses/Solar_Eclipse_Maestro_Help/pgs2/btoc8.html) so I can have a look.
xjubier
Site Admin

Return to Solar Eclipse Maestro