ZWO support

Support for the Solar Eclipse Maestro photography software.

ZWO support

Postby davidsliski » Sat Feb 22, 2020 8:36 pm

Hi Xavier,

Do you think that before the 2020 eclipse in Argentia Solar Eclipse Maestro will be able to support a ZWO camera? They have a new 60 mp camera that I am interested in using for the eclipse.

Thanks,

David
davidsliski

Re: ZWO support

Postby xjubier » Wed Feb 26, 2020 7:09 pm

I would have to look at it, but I don't have access to any ZWO cameras which means testing anything would not be possible.
You mean this model
[url http://astronomy-imaging-camera.com/pro ... -pro-color]ASI6200MC Pro[/url]
I'm pretty sure the coming Nikon Z8 will have a variant of this Sony sensor.

Would you have a way to ship one to me or pay for rental if it's possible?
xjubier
Site Admin

Postby davidsliski » Fri Mar 06, 2020 8:27 pm

Hi Xavier,

I am more than happy to set up a computer that you can log into remotely connected to a ZWO camera. Would that work?

David
davidsliski

Postby xjubier » Sat Mar 07, 2020 2:45 pm

davidsliski wrote:I am more than happy to set up a computer that you can log into remotely connected to a ZWO camera. Would that work?

Technically doable. However putting this into practice is not convenient at all and would require a lot of time on my side just for uploading several app iterations, plus not being able to use the debugger is a serious issue.

How would the ZWO camera be connected to the remote computer: USB?
The remote Mac should run Mojave.

Another option could be sharing the ZWO camera connected to your Mac remotely over the network, just as if the device was connected directly to mine. If this works it would be far more flexible for me.
With this VirtualHere app it appears you can share one USB device for free ($45 to buy a licence), so making a try is fairly easy.
xjubier
Site Admin

回覆:ZWO支援

Postby Daniel_Shih » Wed Apr 12, 2023 2:59 am

xjubier wrote:
davidsliski wrote:I am more than happy to set up a computer that you can log into remotely connected to a ZWO camera. Would that work?

Technically doable. However putting this into practice is not convenient at all and would require a lot of time on my side just for uploading several app iterations, plus not being able to use the debugger is a serious issue.

How would the ZWO camera be connected to the remote computer: USB?
The remote Mac should run Mojave.

Another option could be sharing the ZWO camera connected to your Mac remotely over the network, just as if the device was connected directly to mine. If this works it would be far more flexible for me.
With this VirtualHere app it appears you can share one USB device for free ($45 to buy a licence), so making a try is fairly easy.

If I can use VirtualHere USB Server to provide many ZWO cameras as remote devices for testing.
How can I contact you?
thank you very much
Daniel_Shih

Postby dizzydlz » Wed Feb 07, 2024 10:15 pm

Was there any further progress with ZWO cameras?
dizzydlz

Postby afryhover » Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:36 pm

I wish there was, I am trying to use a ASI2600mc and the ZWO camera selection is greyed out. I am successfully using My Nikon Z6ii and D750 cameras perfectly.
afryhover

Return to Solar Eclipse Maestro