Check Settings locks up SEM with Nikon D7200 [Case Solved]

Support for the Solar Eclipse Maestro photography software.

Check Settings locks up SEM with Nikon D7200 [Case Solved]

Postby JuanCab » Thu Jun 01, 2017 8:20 pm

I am using Solar Eclipse Maestro 1.8.5 (100) on macOS 10.12.5 with my Nikon D7200.

Launching SEM it does appear to detect the camera, as I can select (from the Camera menu) Live View, Available Properties, Battery Levels, Check Settings, Benchmarks, as well as the Exposure, FOV, and Sampling Calculators. Also the other items on this menu are greyed out (including Push Button). I can run all these items EXCEPT Check Settings. When I run Check Settings, the app appears to open a window showing a progress bar (similar in appearance to the Benchmarks window), but no progress is made and the app locks up.

Any suggestions?
JuanCab

Re: Check Settings... locks up SEM with Nikon D7200

Postby xjubier » Thu Jun 01, 2017 11:17 pm

JuanCab wrote:Launching SEM it does appear to detect the camera

Do you see the camera in the Hardware Configuration window? If the answer is yes then your camera is properly identified, and then I'd suggest you give it a short name, the one that you'll use in the script to reference the camera.

JuanCab wrote:as I can select (from the Camera menu) Live View, Available Properties, Battery Levels, Check Settings, Benchmarks, as well as the Exposure, FOV, and Sampling Calculators. Also the other items on this menu are greyed out (including Push Button).

When a menu item is not selectable (greyed out) while a camera is connected it is likely because a script is loaded.

JuanCab wrote:I can run all these items EXCEPT Check Settings.

So the menu item is not greyed out?

JuanCab wrote:When I run Check Settings, the app appears to open a window showing a progress bar (similar in appearance to the Benchmarks window), but no progress is made and the app locks up.

The bug has been reproduced with Nikon cameras, Canon cameras seem to be fine, and it will be fixed in the coming release around mid-June.
xjubier
Site Admin

Return to Solar Eclipse Maestro