Solar Eclipse Maestro 1.8.3v5 for MacOS X released

News and announcements for Solar Eclipse Maestro.

Solar Eclipse Maestro 1.8.3v5 for MacOS X released

Postby xjubier » Sun Sep 22, 2013 1:47 pm

Solar Eclipse Maestro 1.8.3v5 is now available for download.

This release fixes all the reported bugs since the previous version and many more; under the hood improvements were made as well. As of now two versions will be available: one is a Universal Binary running on Tiger or newer and the other, Intel only, running on Snow Leopard and newer.
Both versions support all the Nikon DSLRs, but the latest Canon cameras (EOS 1100D/Rebel T3/Kiss X50, 100D/Rebel SL1/Kiss X7, 600D/Rebel T3i/Kiss X5, 650D/Rebel T4i/Kiss X6i, 700D/Rebel T5i/Kiss X7i, 70D, 6D, 5D Mark III, 1D X and 1D C) are only supported on the Intel version. Legacy Canon cameras (EOS 350D, 20D/20Da and 5D) are only supported by the Universal Binary version.

Users of all the previous releases are strongly encouraged to upgrade to this version as it brings improvements and fixes bugs.
That way you will be able to enjoy new or improved features and bug fixes as well as eclipses even more without worrying about operating your digital cameras. Support for previous versions is terminated as of this day. Browse the ReadMe file to know more.
Please report soonest any problem you may encounter.

Here is a short list of the latest improvements and bugfixes:
- Improved compatibility with Lion, Mountain Lion and Mavericks
- Use of more accurate Besselian elements for TSE 2012, ASE 2013, HSE 2013, ASE 2014, TSE 2015, TSE 2016, ASE 2016, ASE 2017 and TSE 2017
- Adjusted the ∆T value for TSE 2012 (66.85s), ASE 2013 (67.08s), HSE 2013 (67.22s) and ASE 2014 (67.46s)
- Fix for a problem when referencing the Nikon D800/D800E and D4
- Various improvements in Live View
- Fix for a problem during movie recording on the Nikon D7000, D600, D800/D800E and D4
- Ability to set the burst speed in frame per second (Nikon only)
- Corrected a regression bug affecting mainly Nikon cameras (burst not working, etc)
- Added the display of YRGB histograms during Live View
- Fix for the solar mesosphere setting that was activated by default in recent releases
- Fix for a potential crash on quitting the application when a DSLR or a GPS are connected
- Support of the Nikon D3200, D5200, D7100 and D600, Canon EOS 650D, 6D, 5D Mark III, 1D X and 1D C
- Corrections for the Canon EOS 350D, 20D/20Da and 5D
- Workaround for an error 70 caused by the Canon EOS 500D firmware when setting custom functions
- Preliminary support of the Canon EOS 70D, 700D and 100D
- Corrections for the GPX files that couldn't always be imported by GPS units
- Improved the mirror lock-up handling
- Corrections for bracketing (Nikon only)
- Re-activated the emergency script feature as it can also be used for flats, biases and darks
- Mirror lock-up wasn't always properly configured on a Nikon D600 and side effects could occur on other Nikon cameras
- Display of roll and pitch of the virtual horizon during Live View (Nikon only)
- Fix for a Configuration Wizard subtle bug
- Improved the exposure sequence analyzer
- Correction for the GPS position tracking
- Solar mesosphere can be used in place of the solar photosphere for computing the second and third contact times
- Added the ability to switch the recording bit depth (Nikon only)
- Fix a bug where a script filename would be incorrectly displayed and not reloaded the next time
- Added a setting to manage the (ant-)umbra and penumbra animation quality in Google Earth
- Corrections for the scripted movie recording
- Correction on the configuration wizard for the English localization
- Added solar eclipses from 2020 to 2040
- Update to handle eclipses before the start of the Gregorian calendar
- Added historic solar eclipses from -1911 to 1997
- Fix for the sky chart from the poles
- Multiple corrections for the shadow animation on the eclipse map
- Fix for a Configuration Wizard user interface bug
- Minor fixes for the E-Flight module
- Improved the gridded set of points generator to create very high resolution maps (for Michael Zeiler)
- Minor user interface tweaks
- Miscellaneous bug fixes and enhancements

Please direct comments, questions, or problems to me on the support board:
To post you will need to register first, but you'll also benefit from the experience of others to find answers to your questions or problems. Please try to post in English in order to have a larger audience. I will generally answer in English to messages in French, Italian, German or Spanish, unless you clearly specify otherwise.

PS: one more minor release will be available about two weeks prior to HSE 2013 to make the latest adjustments on ∆T and ∆UT1.
PPS: access to the E-Flight module is strictly restricted and by invitation only
xjubier
Site Admin

Return to Solar Eclipse Maestro News