Canon T4i (650D) Not Functioning in LEM [Case Solved]

Support for the Lunar Eclipse Maestro photography software.

Canon T4i (650D) Not Functioning in LEM [Case Solved]

Postby dawsonian2000 » Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:24 pm

I can not get the LEM application to function with my Canon T4i. LEM only recognizes it when the the EOS Utility is running (which can control the camera), but LEM can not control the camera. Then, when I close the EOS Utility application, LEM can no longer see the camera. Any insight in getting my Canon T4i (650D) would be helpful. Thanks in advance.

Mel
dawsonian2000

Re: Canon T4i (650D) Not Functioning in LEM

Postby dawsonian2000 » Wed Jan 16, 2019 3:14 pm

I just discovered that another user of the LEM product is experiencing the same issue as I am. but using a Nikon camera. Here is the link to the post: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=262

I am also running MacOS Mojave 10.14. I hope a resolution can be provided in time for the eclipse.

Thanks,
Mel
dawsonian2000

Postby xjubier » Wed Jan 16, 2019 4:11 pm

dawsonian2000 wrote:I just discovered that another user of the LEM product is experiencing the same issue as I am. but using a Nikon camera. Here is the link to the post: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=262

I am also running MacOS Mojave 10.14. I hope a resolution can be provided in time for the eclipse.

Mel, your issue is likely different and you may well be using a 3-year old version: namely 1.3.2v1.

Two days ago I released a beta version which was causing an issue only with some Canon cameras, eveything was fine with Nikon. So I released another beta to fix the issue with Canon cameras.
Please use this download link to update to the latest beta. The version stays the same as the older one but the checksum is different, so just download again and then install one more time.

Note: all those who downloaded the previous beta should replace it. So if you downloaded before Wednesday January 16th at 05:00 GMT then download and install again. Do not forget to make a PayPal donation to show your appreciation.
xjubier
Site Admin

Postby dawsonian2000 » Wed Jan 16, 2019 7:18 pm

xjubier wrote:
dawsonian2000 wrote:I just discovered that another user of the LEM product is experiencing the same issue as I am. but using a Nikon camera. Here is the link to the post: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=262

Mel, your issue is likely different and you may well be using a 3-year old version: namely 1.3.2v1.

Two days ago I released a beta version which was causing an issue only with some Canon cameras, eveything was fine with Nikon. So I released another beta to fix the issue with Canon cameras.
Please use this download link to update to the latest beta. The version stays the same as the older one but the checksum is different, so just download again and then install one more time.

Note: all those who downloaded the previous beta should replace it. So if you downloaded before Wednesday January 16th at 05:00 GMT then download and install again. Do not forget to make a PayPal donation to show your appreciation.

Hi Xjubier!

Thanks for letting me know that the version I installed was an older. After installing the latest version (1.3.3v1), it worked!! I only wish it also came in a Windows version. Thanks so much! A donation will definitely be coming!

God and weather permitting, I will be posting some of my images here.

BTW - I will be using a Meade 8" f/10 LX90-ACF Catadioptric telescope to photograph the Total Solar Eclipse. Can recommend how I can best setup my script?

I look forward to your reply.

Thanks again!
Mel
http://www.vega-sky-center.com
dawsonian2000

Postby xjubier » Wed Jan 16, 2019 11:05 pm

dawsonian2000 wrote:Thanks for letting me know that the version I installed was an older. After installing the latest version (1.3.3v1), it worked!! I only wish it also came in a Windows version. Thanks so much! A donation will definitely be coming!

BTW - I will be using a Meade 8" f/10 LX90-ACF Catadioptric telescope to photograph the Total Solar Eclipse. Can recommend how I can best setup my script?

Great! Thanks for the donation.

Btw, I guess you meant Total LUNAR Eclipse! The Solar one was a year ago and the next in 6 months... and then you need to use SEM.

For the script you can have a look at examples located in the ~/Documents/Scripts Lunar Eclipse Maestro/ folder, i.e. the one inside the user account with which you installed LEM.
xjubier
Site Admin

Postby dawsonian2000 » Wed Jan 16, 2019 11:40 pm

xjubier wrote:
dawsonian2000 wrote:Thanks for letting me know that the version I installed was an older. After installing the latest version (1.3.3v1), it worked!! I only wish it also came in a Windows version. Thanks so much! A donation will definitely be coming!

Great! Thanks for the donation.

Btw, I guess you meant Total LUNAR Eclipse! The Solar one was a year ago and the next in 6 months... and then you need to use SEM.

For the script you can have a look at examples located in the ~/Documents/Scripts Lunar Eclipse Maestro/ folder, i.e. the one inside the user account with which you installed LEM.

Thanks for the info! And yes, I meant to say "Total Lunar Eclipse". Also, it was my pleasure to send a donation.
dawsonian2000

Return to Lunar Eclipse Maestro