Shutter Speed Value x get y

Support for the Lunar Eclipse Maestro photography software.

Shutter Speed Value x get y

Postby MikeMaurer » Fri Apr 03, 2015 9:45 pm

Hello,

Help, although for tonight it might be too late. :(

I'm going to try to use this for the lunar eclipse tonight. I have a problem with the script not changing the shutter speed, I checked the faq, I called nikon. I know that I'm supposed to use MTP or PTP, I have no way to change that on the camera although the tech specs show that is what I should have already. I changed settings so that my script has photo's 5 sec apart. My SD card is a Lexar Pro SD HC I 600x speed....

Maybe it is just that I have an old mac (2008) I can't find anywhere on the mac that shows a way to change any usb style settings.

Thanks for this program it is fantastic, I wish I would have found it earlier in time to learn it before tonight. I did practice manually changing the shutter speed during a practice run and that seems to work.
I will also be using a new mac with longer battery life tonight but can't practice with it...

Thank you in advance for any help or advice, now it is nap time :)
Clear skies for all in the morning!
Mike
MikeMaurer

Re: Shutter Speed Value x get y

Postby xjubier » Fri Apr 10, 2015 10:15 pm

MikeMaurer wrote:Help, although for tonight it might be too late. :(

It was indeed because I was in eastern Indonesia with no reliable Internet connexion. I did see the TLE.

MikeMaurer wrote:I'm going to try to use this for the lunar eclipse tonight. I have a problem with the script not changing the shutter speed, I checked the faq, I called Nikon. I know that I'm supposed to use MTP or PTP, I have no way to change that on the camera although the tech specs show that is what I should have already. I changed settings so that my script has photo's 5 sec apart. My SD card is a Lexar Pro SD HC I 600x speed...

Maybe it is just that I have an old mac (2008) I can't find anywhere on the mac that shows a way to change any usb style settings.

It depends on the camera model, not the Mac. Which Nikon do you have?

MikeMaurer wrote:Thanks for this program it is fantastic, I wish I would have found it earlier in time to learn it before tonight. I did practice manually changing the shutter speed during a practice run and that seems to work.
I will also be using a new Mac with longer battery life tonight but can't practice with it...

Did you succeed?
xjubier
Site Admin

Return to Lunar Eclipse Maestro