No Shutter Actuation during Simulation

Support for the Solar Eclipse Maestro photography software.

No Shutter Actuation during Simulation

Postby twendel » Mon Aug 14, 2017 1:39 am

I am using a Nikon D500 on a Macbook (OS 10.12.6). The camera seems to connect and I can activate the shutter and the tests run fine. The program seems to lock up when I run the “Check Setting” function. I have tried a simulation by attaching the camera and loading my script. I set it just before first contact. The countdown proceeds but there is no activation of the camera. Any suggestions about how I troubleshoot this before things start getting exciting in Idaho??
Thanks
Ted
twendel

Re: No Shutter Actuation during Simulation

Postby xjubier » Mon Aug 14, 2017 2:13 am

twendel wrote:I am using a Nikon D500 on a Macbook (OS 10.12.6). The camera seems to connect and I can activate the shutter and the tests run fine. The program seems to lock up when I run the “Check Setting” function.

Please update first to SEM 1.8.6v2.

twendel wrote:I have tried a simulation by attaching the camera and loading my script. I set it just before first contact. The countdown proceeds but there is no activation of the camera. Any suggestions about how I troubleshoot this before things start getting exciting in Idaho??

Most likely the camera name in the script doesn't match the camera name given in the 'Hardware Configuration' dialog. Both need to be strictly identical.

You can also have a look at SEM's log ('Window' menu and then 'Solar Eclipse Maestro Log')where you'll likely see a message saying unknown camera in script.

PS: you posted your message in the wrong forum
xjubier
Site Admin

Return to Solar Eclipse Maestro